Commerce and Park Development Program:
The St. Lawrence River Valley Redevelopment Agency has set aside resources to develop an asset base of marketable and competitive sites and buildings to lease or sell for new business expansions.
Available opportunities currently exist in the Massena Industrial Park:
This program was designed to assist communities and not-for-profit organizations in St. Lawrence County that are planning to undertake a project that will provide a clear and demonstrable economic, environmental or community benefit to St. Lawrence County. Applications are due by 4:00 PM on Friday, April 13, 2018
Activities which support and advance community development, environmental improvement and employment opportunities will be given higher scores during the review process. Examples of such features that would help an application demonstrate such support and advancement are:
- Projects that clearly execute provisions of the County's Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy or other current County or community development plans.
- Projects that directly promote local entrepreneurs and small business development.
- Target funds to maintain or rehabilitate existing infrastructure that relates to economic development projects that service an existing business/industry or new business.
- Target funds to extend existing infrastructure related to economic development projects.
- Utilize Brownfield sites and/or underutilized/abandoned buildings or properties.
- Promote building (re)development for business use.
- Support development of research/technology/IT facilities and businesses.
- Directly support local energy production and/or utilization and/or energy conservation.
For general information, requirements and project eligibility, please click on the application link below.
Click HERE to access a fillable copy of the 2018 Community Development and Environmental Improvement Fund Application (the application submission date has expired)
A non-refundable application fee of $100 made payable to St. Lawrence County IDA - Local Development Corporation must accompany each application submitted.
2018 Community Development and Environmental Improvement Application Instructions...
Please Note: When accessing the fillable application, avoid completing the form on-line within your web browser. Before completing the application, save to a drive or location on your computer and note the file name and location of the saved file. If you do not follow these steps, information you input will not be saved when you exit the application.
The Agency has low-interest loan resources available for new and expanding businesses. Please contact us directly to discuss your business opportunities.