Commerce and Park Development Program:
The St. Lawrence River Valley Redevelopment Agency has set aside resources to develop an asset base of marketable and competitive sites and buildings to lease or sell for new business expansions.
Available opportunities currently exist in the Massena Industrial Park:
This program was designed to assist communities and not-for-profit organizations in St. Lawrence County that are planning to undertake a project that will provide a clear and demonstrable economic, environmental or community benefit. Applications are due by 4:00 PM on Friday, April 15, 2016. The April 15th deadline has passed.
Activities which support and advance community development, environmental improvement and employment opportunities and projects that propose to use CD/EI resources to leverage funds from Federal, State, and Regional Programs, Foundations, or other such external resources will be given priority as applicants are being reviewed. Examples of such activities may include projects that:
- Clearly execute provisions of the County's Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy or other current County or community development plans.
- Promote local entrepreneurs and small business development.
- Target funds to maintain or rehabilitate existing infrastructure that relates to economic development projects that service an existing business/industry or new business.
- Target funds to extend existing infrastructure-related to economic development projects.
- Utilize Brownfield sites and/or underutilized/abandoned buildings or properties.
- Promote building (re)development for business use.
- Support development of research/technology/IT facilities and businesses.
- Directly support local energy production and/or utilization and/or energy conservation.
The level and form of assistance provided by the Agency will be determined on a case-by-case basis. The fund may provide loans, grants or other means of financial assistance, and funds may be used for a number of purposes including: real estate acquisition, building construction and rehabilitation, machinery and equipment, and working capital. Awards generally may not be used to fund normal operating costs.
All applications must include a non-refundable, $100 application fee.
2016 Community Development and Environmental Improvement Application Instructions...
Please Note: When accessing the fillable application, avoid completing the form on-line within your web browser. Before completing the application, save to a drive or location on your computer and note the file name and location of the saved file. If you do not follow these steps, information you input will not be saved when you exit the application.
The Agency has low-interest loan resources available for new and expanding businesses. Please contact us directly to discuss your business opportunities.